EARTH - WIND - FIRE
LANZAROTE - PHOTO -WORKSHOP: 2.7. - 8.7. 2017
Explore a unique, sublime and wild landscape shaped by numerous volcanic eruptions.
Lanzarote, declared a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO in 1993, is the most north-eastern of the 7 large Canary Islands, and around 140 km off the African Coast.
Arrecife, the island’s capital, a city full of history and culture, will be our base, where we’ll start our daily tours. The daily program and photographic theme will be dependant on the prevailing weather and lighting conditions.
Lanzarote’s star photographer and astronomer, César Piret, will tutor the twilight and night shooting sessions, while David Penny, Lanzarote’s touring specialist will bring you to remote places off the ‘beaten track’.
I will share my favourite spots with you; we’ll capture the drama of the island’s ever changing light and follow the clouds as they dance on the bleak volcanic slopes.
Volcanoes and farmers have made the Island of Lanzarote a unique and austere landscape. Besides the great beauty of the island’s geomorphic elements, we’ll see the contrasting esthetic of cultivated land, integrated and in harmony with the natural environment.
What to see and explore:
The spectacular Panorama of the “Mirador del Rio”
La Geria, a unique system of cultivating wine and fruit (including a winery visit).
The salt water Lagoon and the Salinas de Janubio
A protected area located in the South of the island, with the highest point, the Ajache Grande (562) which offers stunning views of the island and neighbouring Fuerteventura.
La Cueva de los Verdes
Part of an extensive underground volcanic tunnel over 6 km long running from the cone of the volcano down to the sea.
Jameos del Agua
As well as La Cueva the los Verdes, Los Jameos del Agua are part of the volcanic tunnel, created by the eruption of the La Corona volcano.
Caleta de Famara
Sheltered by the Cliffs of Famara and Peñas de Chache, the highestpoint on the island, is 6 km of the most spectacular beach, enticing you to spend an unforgettable evening and stunning sunset.
Timanfaya National Park
Lanzarote is a great example of sustainable tourism which respects and conserves the environment, protecting natural and cultural heritage and values. Therefore it won’t be possible to visit the Park without being on an official guided bus tour. But we will see plenty of amazing places that are not part of the park, are off the beaten track, with breathtaking views and austere beauty.
If you wish to visit Timanfaya National Park we will provide you with information.
Nuts and Bolts
· This photo tour is suitable for photographers of all levels. Bring the camera you normally use (don't forget your camera manual booklet), lenses and a tripod. We want to keep the size of the group small, to guarantee tailored photographic instructions, and focus on the skills, interests and needs of each participant. (Small group size, limited to 6 participants)
· We don't have any influence on the weather, but welcome changing light and weather conditions. It's almost always interesting and photogenic in Lanzarote! The wind can be very strong, even in July, so you will need a warm jacket.
· Some locations require short hikes, sometimes over uneven terrain, please bring good hiking shoes, a hat and sunscreen!
· Don’t forget to bring your water bottle to save plastic and help to protect the environment.
Package Price: 2.100 €
· This workshop is offered as a complete package.
· Prices are per person, based on double occupancy.
· Single occupancy available for additional charge.
· A € 400 non-refundable deposit is required by March 31st to secure your space! Balance is due by June 15, 2016.
Due to the exclusivity of our trip, and the limited members of places available, refunds are as followed:
Refundable Balance: 90 days before the start date.
Feel free to contact us for further information.
If you wish to join César Piret, David Penny and myself exploring Lanzarote, you can express your interest by using our contact form and we will gladly keep you informed.
· Overnight sleeping accommodation. Double occupancy for each night. You may request single occupancy, if available, at additional expense.
· Breakfast daily
· Welcome dinner on the first evening
· Ground transportation
· Guide fees
· Camera Fees
· Entrance fees to, Park and archeological Zones
· Local guides, photo instruction and tuition
Price does not include:
· Flights to/from Lanzarote, airport taxes, passport costs, optional tours or excursions.
· Travel insurance (highly recommended that you purchase travel & cancellation insurance).
· Alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, any hotel incidentals: i.e. movies, room service, mini-bar, phone, fax or internet fees
· Personal shopping and laundry.
· Lunches and dinners beyond those described above.